More than £1,000 has been raised by competitive quizzers aiming to taste success in a New Forest food quiz.
The food and drink themed quiz was organised by the New Forest Marque and attracted 110 foodies eager to test their knowledge.
The New Forest Marque is supported by the New Forest National Park Authority and promotes authentic New Forest products while encouraging people to shop locally and support local producers.
Run as part of the inaugural New Forest Food and Drink Festival, the quiz saw 19 teams battle it out while enjoying a locally sourced supper provided by Sway-based caterers Appetite for Adventure.
Much of the food was donated by local producers, including:
• Bread from Bakehouse24, Ringwood
• Pumpkins and Cheese from Lyburn Cheesemakers, Landford
• Chutneys from Spice n Easy, Milford-on-Sea
• Pork Pies from Real Food
• Vegetables from Village Veg, Brockenhurst
• Sausage meat from Hockeys Farm Shop, Fordingbridge
• Strawberries from The New Forest Fruit Company Ltd, Brockenhurst
• Beer from Dancing Cows, Lymington
• Water from New Forest Spring Water, Fordingbridge.
Together with a raffle for prizes donated by Marque members, the evening raised over £1,400, which has been shared between The Teenage Cancer Trust and MacMillan Caring Locally.
Chairman of the New Forest Marque and quiz master for the evening Jane Overall said: ‘Without the generous donations and support of so many of our Marque members we would not have been able to have raised so much – I cannot thank everyone enough for getting involved in so many different ways to make it a great evening!’
For more information on the New Forest Marque visit www.newforestmarque.co.uk